Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can my husband find out my secret credit card?

I have secret credit card behind my husband. Whenever i buy something i have to ask to husband. I was wondering that can my busband find out my secret credit card? For example during tax return or credit check. I was kind of nervous. I am thinking of cancling creditcard.Can my husband find out my secret credit card?
Eh. Having a little financial independence isn't a bad thing. If you can pay the card off every month - I personally don't see a problem in having it. If your husband is going to get pissed that you have something separate from him you've got bigger marital problems.Can my husband find out my secret credit card?
if he does find out, tell him you was secretly trying to buy him something without his knowledge.


tell him u had a big surprise for him,


or go today and buy him something with it so that could be ur excuse,,


idunno do somen, cause he will find out sooner or later





good luck
he will see it if there is ever a joint credit application and asked about it
Of course it would come up with a credit report. I don't think that is the kind of marriage you want anyway, is it. To hide things from one another?
Yes it can be reflected on a credit report even after you cancel it. If he pulls a credit history with both names and social security numbers the card will pop up.





Even if the card was in your maiden name it is attached to your social security number. Get a part time job and you won't have to have this type of deception in your relationship. This is the problem with the one household wage earner some feel that this is a way to control another. Talk to your husband about your needs and a possible part time job.





Good luck
It also depends upon what state you live in - some states automatically consider you and your husband as a pair - even if you apply seperately - be careful
It will go on your credit report and if he looks at that he WILL find out. If you took the card out in your own name and lose your job you'll have to tell him about it so you can pay the balance.





Having a secret account worries me more about the marriage than the finances. Money is the number one reason for divorce and not having a serious discussion about your finances will really hurt your relationship. Tell him about the card. If you want you ';own money'; then you can each decide to have XXX dollars per month to spend on whatever you want without approval. That way you can buy things independently but together for major purchases.
I honestly don't think he will find out, but there is a bigger problem here. You should not have to hide anything from your husband. What would happen if he did find out? I mean really, what would happen? Is he very controlling, or is he just responsible when it comes to money, and he likes to know how much is being spent. Are you buying necessities with the credit card or things that you don't need? Maybe he wants you to ask him because he has had a bad experience in the past with someone putting him into debt. BTW, do you work and make money yourself, or is your husband the only one that works?

No comments:

Post a Comment