Thursday, July 29, 2010

My daughter and her ex husband are both unable to take care of theire two children, can they be proven unfit?

Both parents have no job, 9th and 11th grade education, father lives in hotels and mother stays with whomever will allow her. They are financially and emotionally unable to care for these children(seven and four). My husband and I want to become legal guardians yet we don't know if we would have a case. I would appreciate any suggestions.Thank you.My daughter and her ex husband are both unable to take care of theire two children, can they be proven unfit?
What is your goal here? Do you want guardianship of the children? If so, I'd try to get them to agree to leave the children with you (temporarily) until they are more stable. If they really have the childrens interest at heart, they should agree. If you want to go to court, you may, but you have an uphill battle. See a lawyer if you want to go this route. There are too many variables for you to get a good answer on YA.





PS Even if you prove the parents unfit, this does not mean that a California court is going to award guardianship to you.My daughter and her ex husband are both unable to take care of theire two children, can they be proven unfit?
I'm glad you are able to tell that they are unfit parents. I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but I sure hope the law is on your side, for the sake of your grandchildren.

No comments:

Post a Comment