Thursday, July 29, 2010

My husband and I have different surnames, do we need our marriage license if we are traveling?

My husband and I will be crossing the border from Canada to the US in a few weeks. We both have different last names. Will we need to take our marriage certificate/license with us to prove we're married?My husband and I have different surnames, do we need our marriage license if we are traveling?
as long as you have a passport there shouldnt be a problem ive never heard of INS denying entry for lack of a marriage certificateMy husband and I have different surnames, do we need our marriage license if we are traveling?
No. Just have both passports. They don't care if your married, plus many people that are married keep their original last names for many reasons-could be professional or other.





Have fun !





Hey-If you are crossing at Windsor, Ont. to Detroit, do NOT hang around in Detroit.
who cares.. why do you need to prove your marriage to cross the border.
OH! THERE IS NO NEED TO CERTIFY YOURSELF, AS YOU HAVE PASSPORTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment