Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How can I open a savings account without my husband know it?

He spends way too much so I was thinking about opening a savings account but if he finds out about it we'll have trouble;but, then I realize I'll have to open a POBox as well and also don't I have to declare whatever interests I earn to irs? which would raise a flag... please help!How can I open a savings account without my husband know it?
Open a joint account with your momHow can I open a savings account without my husband know it?
get a divorce or just tell him you dont give a **** what he thinks
If you do not want to tell him and you do not want to have to hide a paper trail then my recommendation is that you buy a fire safe lock box and save cash that way. You hide this somewhere that he is not going to look.





I would not recommend you open an account without telling him unless you are planning/saving for a divorce because he will eventually find out even if you do everything you can think of to hide it.
Of course you can open one without him knowing. Alot of banks will allow you to pick up your statements at a teller window instead of having them mailed to your home. Interest earned on a savings acccount only has to be claimed after a certain dollar amount, which your banker could tell you, but the bank would be required to send you a form letting you know how much interest you have earned on a yearly basis. You could always open a safe deposit box and store cash there, that way there's no interest earned, no paper trail, and no way he could get into it because only you would have access to it... and you could pay upfront for a full years rental, also eliminating a paper trail so your husband wouldn't know. Talk to a Personal Banker, and just let them know you need a savings account that your husband can't access because he would spend it... and leave it at that.
Open an online one. I have one at HSBC direct %26amp; FNBO. They also have a few other ones. They are federally insured, and safe %26amp; everything. All the banking is done online %26amp; you can get an ATM card to access ur funds. U can open it online, also in your name only + all statements will be online. I love it. The only thing is that to fund it they will take an ACH debit out of ur checking in the amt u request, so that may be a problem. Although, ING direct I think will allow u to mail a check/money order.

No comments:

Post a Comment