Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How many years back I may claim my % of tax return that was taking for due child support of my husband?

May I fill out Injured spouse form 8379 with IRS for 2001, 2002..? At that time IRS didn't give me any information that I could do so.How many years back I may claim my % of tax return that was taking for due child support of my husband?
You can only claim injured spouse for the current tax year. The money has already been intercepted, sent to the state and then sent on to the parent owed child support. The letter your husband received explaining the interception also explained filing for injured spouse.How many years back I may claim my % of tax return that was taking for due child support of my husband?
You only have 3 months from the time that the original tax return was filed for that particular year. You can't go back on the injured spouse form like you can other parts of the tax return. Even when you ammend a prior years return, you can only ammend the last 3 years worth. You missed the deadline already for 2001-2006 as far as the injured spouse claim, there is no way to get that money back. Depending on when you filed 2007's tax return, you may have missed the deadline on it too. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment