Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What do I with my divorce papers served by my husband's lawyer?

My husband filled for divorce. I was served the divorce papers from his attorney. We both want this divorce and my husband promissed to pay all fees and support to me.


I am confused because his lawyer is asking me to pay the attorney fees and cost and terminate to award a spousal support.


I feel they are playing a game with me.


What I should do? Please advice.What do I with my divorce papers served by my husband's lawyer?
Do NOT do a thing until YOU consult an atty. Funny how things are so different %26amp; chg. so much as soon as you get an attys. hands on things! Leave it to an atty. to completely chg. things from what you'd originally planned on doing. This does NOT surprise me in the least, it's something a typical atty. would just do. As in, ';make the other one pay';, don't let her off that easily! Typical move by an atty. Now you are going to have to hire an atty. to fight these things, when it could have been done so much easier. I once was a legal sec., so I'm familiar w/the way they do work. They sure can turn things around into pure GREED for ';their clients';. I'm SURE if you just fight it, the tables WILL turn around for YOU. Just ashame he had to go %26amp; do this AGAINST you. DO take it to an atty. tho %26amp; you'll end up being OK. Try NOT to get upset about it tho, yes, I realize easier said than done, BUT, I do feel things WILL work out OK for you in the end. I do wish you the best, %26amp; a brighter future for you...:)What do I with my divorce papers served by my husband's lawyer?
He said a bunch of things in order for you to agree to the divorce. He got a sneaky lawyer who is teaching him to play dirty.


Whatever you do, do not sign the papers. If you sign them then you are legally binding to them; you will lose spousal support support and be required to pay the fees.


Unfortunately, its no longer an uncontested divorce. The only way to get this finalized, and to protect yourself, is to get a lawyer yourself.
Honey get an attorney fast. His attorney is there to protect him not you. Get you own and ask that since he filed he have to pay cost.


On the subject of spousal support, my opinion is that a couple years to help someone get on their feet and get a job should be sufficient for most. There are times when it should be extended, but supporting someone the rest of their life just doesn't seem right.
Was the promise made in written? Why the Lawyer of your husband, should ask you for Attorny Fees %26amp; Cost from you? It should be borne by your estranged Husband. In the Capacity of Lawyer, it is a legitimate demand for Termination of Award of Spousal Support, for his Client, even if the Client has promised in written. That much authority The Lawyer has!
You should take the papers to your own lawyer to review before you sign anything. His lawyer has probably helped him realize that he doesn't have to give you anything without a fight, and you could be giving up your fight without realizing it by signing those papers.
If that's what it says in the paperwork then it doesn't sound like he's paying for everything......You need a lawyer too. Sorry. Divorce is expensive. I'm up to 10K right now for the last 6 months of custody battles for a divorce that happened almost 3 years ago.
DO NOT trust anyone (especially your husband's lawyer ) . Get yourself an attorney to make sure you are not being screwed over .


It DEFINITELY sounds like your husbands attorney is looking to screw you over real good . GET YOURSELF AN ATTORNEY!!!!!
Sign the papers and then you can realize it's over and move on to something else. Pay it, peace of mind is worth more then the fees.
Follow the African Queen's advice She is 100% right.


Do not sign the papers!
Get a lawyer and arrange a meeting
GET A LAWYER!!!!





His lawyer is doing what all attorney's do - trying to get the most for HIS client because that means the lawyer gets more money in his pocket at the end...





GET A LAWYER!!!!
Hire a lawyer.
Get a lawyer to advise you!
get a lawyer and have her look at it with you





tell your lawyer what he said

No comments:

Post a Comment