Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How does my husband and I decide on a realtor? We each have a realtor that sold our condos before marrying.?

He sold his condo with his realtor and now we are in my condo and need to sell it and will use my realtor. However, when it comes to buying our new home, who do we use? He likes his, and I like mine and we both like eachothers but obviously can only use one. His realtor has offered 20% off his commision and we aren't sure what my realtor will offer. His realtor is more familiar with another city but says he knows enough about where we want to buy, while mine is very familair with where we plan on buying.How does my husband and I decide on a realtor? We each have a realtor that sold our condos before marrying.?
This will be a business transaction. If you're looking to make friends, host a tea party. In real estate transactions, friendship should be left out of the equation. Pick a neutral realtor who spends less time telling you all the great things he's going to do for you and more time getting you a phenominal deal on your new home.How does my husband and I decide on a realtor? We each have a realtor that sold our condos before marrying.?
Your two realtors can always partner up if they are willing to split the commission (assuming that they work for the same company). I see a lot of husband and wife real estate teams - if they work together, they still get one commission.
if you are willing to do things yourselves and want to save some money, use a company called ';Buy Owner'; you will have to scope out properties on your own, and show the place you are selling on your own, but buy owner covers all the legal work and are very efficient. they also are a fraction of the price a realtor will charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment