Wednesday, November 23, 2011

My separated husband is being uncooperative with my requests and lawyers requests. What do I do?

Since separating my husband has not redirected his mail or changed the accounts we pay bills to my name even though it has been requested by my lawyer. Is there something further I can do. There were many control issues in our marriage and it seems he still wants the control.My separated husband is being uncooperative with my requests and lawyers requests. What do I do?
Unless it is ordered by the court, your husband is not obligated to do these things.





Write ';Not at this address'; on his mail and throw it back in the mailbox. If it doesn't get delivered to him, it's his problem, not yours.





Why does he need to change the bills over to your name? If they're in his name and you pay them, the utility company doesn't care. If they are in his name and he doesn't pay, then it's his credit that's affected, not yours. Yes, it could be that he wants to be in control, and as long as you keep getting upset about this, he's in control. Let it go, let him go.My separated husband is being uncooperative with my requests and lawyers requests. What do I do?
Leave him alone. Don't say a word. Have these issues added in the divorce decree and have the judge order him to make these changes. If he does not after that, then he will be in content and can be arrested.





However, if the name change is on a mortgage, he might not be able to. I cannot get my ex husbands name off my mortgage unless I refinance it and right now, I can't. So, it might be an issue of that. You could ask him why he is not doing that. If that is the case, other than refinancing, there is nothing that can be done. If it is a case of don't want to, make sure the judge makes him. Just don't let him know you are adding that to the decree.
Hand it all over to the lawyer and let him do his job. If your ex doesn't wish to comply, he will have to face the consequences.
You should not be handling this direct, your lawyer should along with a judge. He must not value the money you have, b/c he will not conform to your lawyers requests.





';mildred sent me';
He's just being stubborn and yes, still trying to control. Just be patient and wait it out, dont let him know its getting to you. It will all be over soon.
Go to your attorney. Him and the judge can force your husband to do this stuff.
where is your attorney? he should handle this

No comments:

Post a Comment