Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Do you the difference between Former Husband and Ex-husband?

The usage of Former and Ex . is confusing me. Is there any difference between Firmer President and Ex-President like that .Do you the difference between Former Husband and Ex-husband?
';Former'; is a little more proper if you will, as far as language goes. ';Ex'; is just what we all usually say. ';Ex'; in my opinion is a sort of main-stream American slang term.Do you the difference between Former Husband and Ex-husband?
I myself prefer X husband tho at this point and time in my life both of them sound wonderful to me...as long as we don't talk about him.....
They are synonyms
Former husband sounds a bit more polite and formal, ';ex'; sounds more casual, colloquial, or abrupt. They usually are interchangable and mean the husband you divorced. However, if your first husband died and you remarried, the first one would be your former husband, but not your ex-husband to my thinking, because you never divorced him.





In the case of a ';former'; president, that's anyone who served as president in the past. I've not heard ';ex-president,'; but that sounds harsher, like if someone was fired from being president.
well, if you say exex husband its the husband you had before the one you had before, if you say former husband its the one you had last
I think they are synonyms--means the same thing. Ex is a prefix for former.

No comments:

Post a Comment