Friday, August 20, 2010

How long must I wait before having sex with my husband after having a child vaginally?

I did not have my baby in a hostpital. Her birth was unexpected(she was 8 wks early and healthy) since we were in Russia at the time and there was no medical proffesionals.How long must I wait before having sex with my husband after having a child vaginally?
Doctors tell you 6 weeks. At least wait until the bleeding stops. And BTW, don't assume that you won't get pregnant if you don't wait. I learned the term ';Irish Twins''; after having babies 10 months apart. :-)How long must I wait before having sex with my husband after having a child vaginally?
Ideally you should wait until your 6 week exam. However, if you have stopped bleeding and are fully healed and feel up to it, it's safe to give it a try earlier. If it hurts, stop.
Whenever you are comfortable to begin again. Doctors will say 6 weeks, but there isn't any reason that you can't try sooner if you feel up to it.
Doctors suggest waiting at least 6 weeks before resuming sexual activity, to allow your body to heal.
I had 2 vaginal births and stitches with both, each time my doctor told me to wait at least 3 months before I had sex to just be extra sure nothing dangerous would happen.
Speak to and go in for an exam with your regular doctor if you haven't already. He/she can answer this more accurately, but on average I've heard 6 weeks.
it is six week (most people bleed for that amount anyway) but even if it was a c-section same rule applys


i glad to here your babys o.k.


congrats.
wait till you feel ready about 4 to 6 weeks after delivery or longer dont rush it if your not ready

No comments:

Post a Comment