Sunday, August 22, 2010

How to get husband to help me out with kids? Any ideas?

He watches tv everyday all day, goes to work, comes home, sleeps, and that's it. Thanks.How to get husband to help me out with kids? Any ideas?
talk to him. my boyfriend does this every now %26amp; again, and usually when I let him know how I'm really feeling, he kicks it into gear.





another thing you could do is: either unplug the tv, don't pay the cable bill, or remove the batteries from the remote. If he's like ';why the hell did you do that?'; you could say:: ';well, like it bothered you about your remote, it bothers me that you don't help with the kids'; lol





you could also let his laudry stack up %26amp; let him run out of clothes, and say ';goll, if I had help with the kids then I'd have more time to do the other crap I do for you';





I'd say just talk to him though. Say you feel like he gives the tv more time then his own family... and that he should start by turning it off for like an hour a day. Or tell him you'd like to see how long he could go without turning on the tv when he gets home from work.





this can be extremely frustrating for a woman who is left to do almost all the household chores, take care of the kids, etc (also, many women have jobs too).. I hope things work out for the better, good lucK~How to get husband to help me out with kids? Any ideas?
When he comes home %26amp; you're on the computer, bring up this page %26amp; read out the question to him - ask him how he would answer %26amp; see what he says, maybe he'll have a lightbulb moment %26amp; actually start to help you....


Its tough when a mothers job never is done %26amp; you dont get to have sickies or days off or moments to yourself like he does %26amp; he has to realise that.
Just talk to him - tell him how it makes you feel when he doesnt help out - and how it must make the kids feel (even if they are too young to understand, make him think of how they will feel when hes too busy watching tv to play with them) - seriously, sounds so simple, but ive been using this 'technique' (lol) on my partner (got it from a friend) - men dont understand when they've done something wrong, because they dont think they have, its not the action, its how they made you feel - If he argues back, saying that hes been at work all day, let him know that you have been doing all the 'free' work (so, in that case, he makes you feel like a single mum cos hes not helping with the kids one bit)


Hope that makes sense and it works for you - %26amp; if he doesnt care about how you feel, that doesnt say much for how he feels about you and the kids now does it?


Best of luck and i hope it all works out
Umm my daughter is 10 months and my fiance loves to take care of her but the times he complains is usually the time when my daughter will cry and say dada until he comes and takes over. My fiance works second shift so on weekends we giver her a bath together and he snuggles with her on the floor before bed while I read a story.
make him sit with the kids when he is watching TV...and then you go off and relax. LAY DOWN THE LAW! haha. Or make him take the kids grocery shopping :)
just say that u need to go to the store and head out the door brfore he can say he can't keep the baby. Spend a little while out and let him see u need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment