Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I determine how much tax benefit my husband will receive if my son and I are his dependants?

I am trying to figure out how many part time hours I can work before it becomes not worth it (in terms of tax paid and child care costs).How do I determine how much tax benefit my husband will receive if my son and I are his dependants?
This is not the best process since tax law changes from year to year. I keep running multiple scenarios in quicktax for taxation year 2006





Its not perfect, but it lets you get general and ballpark like numbers. The next best process would be to use software for tax year 2007, but that's not out yet.How do I determine how much tax benefit my husband will receive if my son and I are his dependants?
He can only claim one dependant for The eligible Dependant or equivalent to spouse amount. Being married, he can only claim you. Children can only be claimed and receive an amount for if the taxpayer is single. But childcare, medical, ect can still be claimed.





Either get tax software. Its really easy to use, or go to a tax preparer like HR Block. They don't charge you until its done and they guarantee the highest refund.





You will need to have all of your information slips(T4s...) because every singe thing you enter changes the refund but those are not issued until next year.
Your best bet is to call the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281or go to their website (see source)





http://randomrantingravingandratings.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment