Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where can my husband and I put our money now that our CD is maturing?

We were getting 4.25% for 1 year and are looking for somewhere else to put the money without any or little risk.Where can my husband and I put our money now that our CD is maturing?
4.25% is excellent right now. I would first look at what other banks in your are are offering. On the day your CD matures, go ask your bank what rate can they offer you. I found out that sometimes, the bank can give you a better deal than the promotional CD rate. So far in my area, the best rate is 2.50%.





If you need a better rate, I would look into other investments such as Government Treasuries. They may have lower interest rate but most of them are tax free. Also, it's an excellent time to get into stocks. They are much lower than previous years. If you do, stay defensive on stocks such as 3M, Procter %26amp; Gamble, Exxon Mobil, Kimberly Clark, Walmart, Johnson %26amp; Johnson, McDonalds, etc.





http://bustanut2006.xanga.com/Where can my husband and I put our money now that our CD is maturing?
Since you want no risk, another CD or savings account or perhaps a money market account is for you.
in a savings, large cap, or low risk brokerage account

No comments:

Post a Comment