Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Help convincing my husband to go to a urologist?

My gynecologist had my husband do a sperm count at the hospital. And sadly it came back that he has zero sperm. This happened over a year ago now. Ever since then I tell him to call the number he gave us, but for some reason, he wont or keeps putting it off. I told my doctor about it and he said I really need to convince him to go because he might have a hurnea he doesnt even about. Or something worse. What can I do to get him to call.Help convincing my husband to go to a urologist?
My husband is hesitant to even go in for a sperm analysis now that we've been TTC for a year.





My guess is that your husband is embarrassed about the fact that he doesn't have any sperm. He probably feels like it means he's less of a man. Going to a urologist and having it confirmed probably makes him feel like a failure. But for his own health, he does need to go in. Unfortunately, short of making the appointment for him and tying him up and dragging him in, you really can't make him go if he doesn't want to. But if you are TTC, you should explain to him how important this is as you want *his* child, not a sperm donor's child. The only for that to happen is for him to find out what's going on. But try to be supportive and not get upset with him. He may feel like you are going to blame him for not being able to get you pregnant. You need to make sure he understands that you love him no matter what.Help convincing my husband to go to a urologist?
Some guys equate the whole sperm count issue as a manly issue and not a physical problem. Sit him down and tell him what the doctors concerns are and how serious it is.
He's just having security issues. Tell him that you are really concerned there could be a health problem. I hope you can get through to him.
just tell him how you fell

No comments:

Post a Comment