Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My friend's husband wants me to create and maintain a web site for his company. How much should I charge?

I have the knowledge and the time. But I have never thought to do this before? Any idea on what I should charge?My friend's husband wants me to create and maintain a web site for his company. How much should I charge?
I would say 30/perhour bc it costs alone 12$ a year just to host the website that doesn't include domain name and other featuresMy friend's husband wants me to create and maintain a web site for his company. How much should I charge?
Charge him what your time is worth. A web designer now makes between $25 - $100 / hour for base work, so figure out how much time it will take, what your time is worth, and then go from there.





BTW, if this is legit he'll give you a 1099 form for it, you'll have to pay social security taxes et al, so bump it up to account for the tax situation.
first what will his website do, will you sell products? Lot's of maintenance here or is a corporate website where only content will be updated? What platform will you use for the website.
If you can, get paid by the hour not by an amount for the whole job. From personal experience, these things tend to drag on and become bigger than origianlly intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment