Sunday, August 22, 2010

How to get Husband Support with my diabetes?

I have type 1 diabetes. My husband gets almost angry when I have sick days. I'm tired of being sick and tired with this disease. I'm also sick and tired of feeling quilty. HELP! Is there anyone else out there suffering from the same problem?How to get Husband Support with my diabetes?
Your husband has no reason to be angry at you for being ill.


He needs therapy to help control his feelings and work on his marriage.





Perhaps your endocrinologist can recommend a therapist for you to help you understand this disease better?





Good luckHow to get Husband Support with my diabetes?
Gosh, that's got to be hard. Your husband loves you (otherwise he wouldn't have married you). But when he married you, he also married your diabetes and he is going to have to be a little more understanding and love you in both sickness and in health....





However, remember that respect and tenderness go hand-in-hand. In order to get more tenderness from your husband (especially when you are sick), you need to show him some respect. Meaning, give him time to himself...tickets to the latest action flick at the movie theater, or give him a full body massage when he is stressed, tell him how much you appreciate him taking care of things when you can't. If you have respect for him and his time, then you will most likely see more tenderness from him when you are sick.





He is probably getting angry because he feels overwhelmed and doesn't know how to take care of you. So TELL him what you need (a glass of water or just someone to sit with you). Tell him what works when your sugars are high and when they are low. Let him feel like he can control this disease and he won't feel so overwhelmed.





I hope this helps...it typically does with my husband. Good luck.





P.S. I am sick and tired of this disease too.
I'm a type I diabetic as well. I've found that it's very helpful to have my fiance come to my endocrinologist and diabetic educator appointments with me. He now helps me stay on track with diet and exercise and really feels like he's a part of my health. It can be very difficult to be close to someone with a chronic illness - it's possible that your sick days remind your husband that you could have increasing health problems in the future. If you help him become involved and even feel partially responsible for your health, you can both work towards keeping you as healthy as possible and fending off possible complications. Good luck!
When my wife first learned about my diabetes she appeared mad at me. Her uncle had done everything wrong about taking care of his diabetic condition as a result he past away rather quickly.





You see I am not known for following for any disciplined activity. I could and would eat anything, mostly junk food. My wife was scared I would not live much longer.





Interestingly enough anything that has to do with my health I am very focused.





So I wonder if you husband feels helpless and scared. This not to take his side, rather I found diabetes to be a very personal condition and you have to take care of yourself. Yes, it helps when family supports you. I say show focus and maybe your husband will get the hint. If he doesn't, you still have take care of yourself.





Best Wishes.
If he's like this now , he won't change. People that don't have diabetes will never know what it like to be diabetic. If you all are fairly well off I would file for Divorce. Feeling guilty will drive you to nut house. Take him for all he's got. Then he might have a change of heart.Also when he's sick laugh at him continuously. Let him know how it feels. Tit for tat. Being nice does no good. Then they really think you are faking illness. Good luck. I know you will get opposite advice ,I just thought I would give it to you straight.
Talk to him about it...and just make him part of what you are living tell him you need his support and help durring the time you are sick.Maybe try to show him that you make efforts to get better





I hope it helped ^^








By the way please don't post stupid comments on my question it is a seriaus matter. And be more respectful cause In my notice what you said hase NOTHING to do with my question.And yes I have some typos.





Thanx you

No comments:

Post a Comment