Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where can I go for answers on becoming my disabled husband's caregiver and receive a salary Ineed to stay home

I need to care for my disabled husband, but I can't quit my job. We need that income and I need insurance. Medicare will not pay for homecare but he can't be left alone. He's already fallen. He is not stable on his feet. Is there any source, agency, I can ask help from on these questions?Where can I go for answers on becoming my disabled husband's caregiver and receive a salary Ineed to stay home
I have worked in homecare and various other settings, and have not heard of any program that offers what you're asking. Are there any family or friends that can help you out, or possibly a facility that offers a day program for the disabled? (Typically these are found at rehab centers or at skilled nursing facilities that focus on rehab.) You didn't mention how long your husband has been disabled or when he last received home care, but a social worker from your local hospital may be able to point you to some good resources.Where can I go for answers on becoming my disabled husband's caregiver and receive a salary Ineed to stay home
I,m not sure they';ll let you..., but the rules could be different in Oregon. In Colorado they made me go get a job and they paid someone to come care for my husband. Crazy. But get in touch with ';Seniors And People with disabilities. It will be listed in the government section of your phone book. Lots of luck.


Bloomingidiot

No comments:

Post a Comment