Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why does my husband get sick after he eats?

About 6 months, only some days, after my husband eats he gets sick. He experiences a headache, funny feeling on his face, like numb, and a weird taste in his mouth. It only happens sometimes, but has been going on for a while. Sometimes he feels dizzy, and short of breath. He is overweight.


Has anyone experienced all this after over-eating or after eating?Why does my husband get sick after he eats?
You may want to consider that he may be allergic to something he's eating.





I used to actually experience those say feelings (minus the headache) when I ate celery; at the time, i did not know it was the celery as it's usually found in soups, casseroles, sheppard's pie.. you get the picture.





You might want to further research Oral Allergy Syndrome - that's what I have. It's not a fatal allergy, but more of a sensivity that can become rather bothersome.





Good luck :)Why does my husband get sick after he eats?
See, my husband doesn鈥檛 understand moderation. I鈥檒l often come home from work and go to the cabinet to have a couple of chips only to find that he鈥檚 eaten the whole bag during the day. I never have any idea what may be left for me in the refrigerator but the answer is usually鈥othing. He just doesn鈥檛 know when to stop. When he eats ice cream, I鈥檝e discovered that I literally have to take the carton and spoon out of his hands or else he鈥檒l finish it and then moan about having a stomachache. The other night, he ate a gigantic piece of cheesecake and then followed that up with half a bag of chips and couldn鈥檛 understand why he felt like he was going to throw up. The really annoying part about this is that my husband is super-thin. I mean the kind of thin where he could probably stand to eat a few cartons of ice cream a day to gain some weight. Meanwhile, if I have even a few spoonfuls of ice cream I see it in my thighs the next day. Where鈥檚 the justice?
I suggest that he have his blood sugar tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment